Ethical Responsibilities of Reviewers
At the time of the review of a manuscript considered for publication in Information & Security: An International Journal, reviewers must take into consideration the following ethical standards:
- Reviewers commit themselves to assist the Editorial Board in the editorial decisions regarding the suitability of a manuscript for publication in Information & Security: An International Journal .
- Manuscripts will always be evaluated only based on their intellectual merit and contribution to the aims and scope of Information & Security: An International Journal, as the reviewers should adhere to standards of fairness, integrity, and objectivity. Kindly note that personal criticism is unacceptable.
- Reviewers who feel that their review comments might be biased and/or unqualified regarding a particular manuscript submitted for publication to Information & Security: An International Journal should notify the Editorial Board immediately and excuse themselves from the review process.
- Reviewers should be clear in their review comments and provide proper explanations and arguments for their decisions. If suspicion is raised about the originality of the manuscript (unattributed to source), reviewers are expected to notify the Editorial Board immediately, with the appropriate justification.
- During the review process, reviewers will keep in mind at all times that the manuscript and related materials are confidential.
- Reviewers warrant that they will not use the manuscripts and related materials submitted for publication in Information & Security: An International Journal for any other purpose other than the peer review process, without the Editorial Board´s and/or author´s permission.
These guidelines on publication ethics and avoiding malpractice underline the ethical behavior of authors, editors, and reviewers involved in the review and publication process of manuscripts submitted to Information & Security: An International Journal (ISIJ). They are not exhaustive. If in doubt, please do not hesitate to request clarification by using the contact form on this website.